Haircut: Before & After.
Dun dun dun, it’s here. I’m a little nervous showing everyone all at once (so far, only S & our moms have seen it), but here goes:
Observations in the last 24 hours:
1. My hair is kind of wavy in the back and will flip out the wrong way if I don’t blow dry it in. I never had to deal with it when I had long hair because the weight of my hair pulled it down straight.
2. It takes me about 10 minutes less to get ready (less shampoo time, less combing time, less blow dry time).
3. I have NO split ends & NO tangles — hooray! (This is a first in a very very long time.)
4. I have always slept with a ponytail for as long as I can remember — I couldn’t stand sleeping with it down. Now I sleep with it down & it bothers me no more. :]
5. I instinctively pull my hair back when I brush my teeth, lean over something, etc. It feels strange to just have to tuck it behind my ears now.
6. I keep trying to pull out my hair from underneath a shirt or sweater whenever I put it on, only to find that my hair is already out.
7. I never liked tying my hair half up-half down — I felt that it made me look like a little girl. Now it doesn’t look so childish.
8. Same with wearing headbands, hairbands, etc. Hello big flowers & fabric headbands!
Mostly, I’m just thankful I didn’t cry when I got it cut. I have a history of crying at the salon (I’ve had a lot of bad haircuts), but I think my hair stylist is quickly ridding me of all my hair fears.
Okay, your turn. Be honest. What do you think???