We snatched this centerpiece up from the wedding we attended last weekend — I mainly wanted the jar, but the flowers were a plus. It’s been a week now & the hydrangeas are still going strong. Love that they’re so low maintenance (I’ve only changed the water twice & zero signs of wilting so far)!
Some things I’m thankful for this week:
1. Officially moved out. Got rid of our janky fridge & cut off our cable/electricity/water. It feels good to make a clean break & only have to deal with one house now.
2. A small feature on You Are My Fave (one of my fave blogs, so I was ecstatic, to say the least).
3. A sweet email from a blog fan — it’s always nice to receive some kind of affirmation for all the hard work I put in.
4. Bonding with my mother-in-law. She taught me how to make some authentic Korean side dishes & we shared all kinds of stories with each other. I also joined her on her 3.5 mile evening walk, which was good for me in more than one way.
5. Babysitting my pastor’s four kids while they delivered their fifth! They’re a handful, but a fun one, and it was worth it for the adorable way the youngest smiles at me.
Some things I’m looking forward to for this weekend:
1. Spending lots of quality time in the car with the hubby as we make the seven-hour drive up north. Sometimes, our best talking happens when we’re in the car, just the two of us.
2. Seeing my parents again, as well as my dear Teddy.
3. Celebrating with yet another dear friend as she ties the knot on Saturday! (Don’t even ask me how many weddings we’ve been to this year…)
4. And looking back on exactly one year of life as husband & wife with my dear S on Sunday. We won’t be able to celebrate much this weekend, cause we’ll be driving pretty much the whole day, but we’ll rejoice together in our hearts & leave the festivities for next weekend. :]
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!