Well, it’s about time I shared my favorite panini recipe. Ever since we got married, I’ve been making this panini for me & S… it’s a simple but delicious sandwich that never disappoints. I kinda threw it together one day with stuff I had laying around in our kitchen, but have been making it ever since.
Chicken Pesto Panini
2 slices sourdough bread (I love the cracked wheat sourdough from TJ.)
1 T pesto
1 slice provolone cheese
1 roma tomato
2 slices bacon
1/2 chicken breast (I slice a Costco chicken breast horizontally into two thinner fillets.)
1. Grill chicken breast in frypan until thoroughly cooked all the way through.
2. Cook two slices of bacon per package instructions. I microwave — it’s the easiest for me.
3. Spread pesto on one side of both slices of bread. Place provolone on top.
4. Slice avocado into thin slices, enough to cover one slice of bread. Do the same with the roma tomato.
5. Once bacon and chicken are done cooking, stack them on top of other ingredients.
6. Put the two sides together to complete the sandwich.
7. Grill the entire sandwich in a panini press & take out once the bread is slightly brown & crispy.
8. Slice into two halves & serve!